Friday, 17 April 2015

Frederick on Friday

Frederick is still making good progress, although I have not posted about it for a week or so. I have been taking a photo each week, however, as I find it interesting to see how he progresses. I have now been stitching this piece for about 2 months, and am well over half way with the cross stitches. There will be the back stitching to do afterwards of course. 

Here are the last few week's pictures.


This was the starting point from my last post.


Week 1


Week 2


Week 3


Week 4

There are a few gaps in the stitching where I have omitted white stitches as I will do these last, for fear of them getting dirty. There are also a few areas which use gold thread combined with ordinary floss and I have also left these until last in case the gold thread catches or wears through handling.

We have a week's holiday coming up, so progress may slow for a while, but it's looking as if Frederick will be finished later this year! Have a good weekend! 

5 comments:

  1. Quite a bit of progress on Frederick. Happy x-stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you got a pattern for elephant hand puppets ? P's I love your work x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not my pattern, but there is one on Operation Christmas Child's Pinterest page at http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/1200x/99/fb/ae/99fbae151d7af4526020c640a91c258e.jpg

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails