Friday, 6 March 2015

Frederick on Friday

It's been two weeks since I started posting about my renewed interest in cross-stitch and restarting the project "Frederick the Literate".


Progress has been good and I am finding it quite addictive, but relaxing at the same time.

Here is two week's progress:

Before:
 

After 2 weeks:


The books are slowly filling up the shelves and a faint impression of a cat's head and paw are emerging.

When I first started this stitching, I was daunted by the amount of time it would take to complete. I did a bit of calculation and worked out that if I did six strands of thread every day I could finish in about six months. Then it didn't seem quite such a mammoth task. I have been trying most days to do six strands, including at least one strand of black. It's nice to see some visible progress, and now the lighter days are coming, it will be easier to see the stitches on the black fabric.

I hope you have a sunny weekend wherever you are!


4 comments:

  1. Wow! That looks an ambitious project - it will be facinating to see each new book 'revealed', along with the fabulous feline! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That looks an ambitious project - it will be facinating to see each new book 'revealed', along with the fabulous feline! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making some nice progress. x-stitch can be a slow process, but the results will be stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly have a lot of patience with cross stitch Janet.
    I'm so pleased to see you are still making your beautiful puppets too.
    I haven't been over for quite a while 'sorry!'
    Enjoy your crafting!
    Love Sue x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails