Wednesday, 19 November 2014

Return of the Puppet Lady

Hello there! (Pokes head above the parapet!)

Isn't it strange how sometimes you totally get out of the habit of blog posting? That's what has happened to me over the last couple of months.

Since my last post about the Tower poppies, interest in that project swelled to unimaginable proportions (not that I'm taking any credit for that, you understand. But it is interesting to see how the whole thing caught the public's imagination. I am quite glad I decided to visit it earlier on before the site got so immensely crowded.)

My 100 puppet milestone came and went, just before I had a most enjoyable holiday in Devon at the end of September. We were so lucky to have glorious warm weather and had a really lovely time. By the time I got back I had some catching up to do in preparation for this year's Operation Christmas Child campaign. Being the local coordinator for my area, there are preparations to make in the run-up to the actual campaign dates.


Currently our campaign is under way and we are busy in our shoebox processing centre checking and packing all the shoeboxes. Every year we check and pack in the region of 6000 shoeboxes, and hopefully this year will be no different.

Of course I must not forget to take my 100 puppets along to our checking centre. The will be popped into any shoebox that is in need of a bit of tlc or top-up. 


This afternoon I got them all out to say good-bye before packing them into bags. It's always a bit sad to see them go but the knowledge that they will end up in the hands of a needy child is more than enough compensation.

Yesterday I went out to a local company to collect the shoeboxes that they had been making up for us. Usually I have a team of drivers who go around to schools, churches and other collecting points to pick up the boxes and bring them in. It was nice to go out myself for a change and meet the people who had made up the boxes. They had over 200 for us.


 Well now I've landed back in blogland with a bump, I'll try and stay here and post more regularly. For the next couple of weeks I am going to be full on with shoebox work, but after that I will try to get back into the habit. I have a new pattern for this cute lion puppet to write up too. 


 See you soon!


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on getting your hundred puppets made in such good time they are all so lovely and each and every one will be loved I'm sure, good luck with your campaign. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails