Sunday, 10 November 2013

100 Puppets for 2013

My 100 puppets for 2013 are now finished and waiting to jump into shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child. We are well into our campaign now, and I am kept very busy at the moment helping to run our checking centre in Maidenhead. I am also responsible for arranging collections of shoeboxes from nearly 70 groups and drop-off points, to bring the boxes into our centre for checking. This is my busiest time of year, so I'm very glad the puppets are ready to go!


Here are the final 10, the last of which I finished a couple of weeks ago.
 










Last year our checking centre processed nearly 6400 shoeboxes in just over 2 weeks. We always hope to exceed last year's total. Sadly there are always children out there who need to be shown that someone cares about them enough to give them a gift-filled shoebox. Let us hope and pray that we can get as many boxes as possible to those children this year.

4 comments:

  1. Well done! Congrats on reaching the 100 mark, and thank you so much for caring and giving! Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on getting them finished, you are doing a fantastic job for such a worthy cause. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet. thank you so much. That information was just what I needed and I have now altered my settings to encompass that. Again,thank you for taking the time to help.
    Hoping you are very pleasantly overwhelmed by shoe boxes containing all the right things.
    Kindest Regards Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that you've made hand puppets, the teddies I knitted one year were not as much fun somehow.
    Great work your doing, good on you! ( a GYB visitor<<<)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails