A colourful ball of wool caught my eye recently in a charity shop, begging to be taken home and made into puppets. It was a mixture of blues, pinks, purples, orange and red. So I rescued it and took it home to make some bright clowns.
The first blue contrast blended in with the existing blue in the wool.
Next I tried a purple colour, which stood out well, and had hair to match.
The black stripes are clearly defined and picked out in the long grey/black hair.
The green blended surprisingly well. No green hair though, but a shaggy yellow.
A darker blue this time, makes the stripes more prominent.
Next try is red stripes, which although they don't stand out so well, make a lovely bright puppet.
The last green worked well, so I decided to try a different green this time.
And to finish with, a nice royal blue.
This little set, which used most of the 100g ball that I purchased, brings the total to 90.
I am currently knitting number 99! Nearly there for this year!