Friday, 26 July 2013

Poppy Love - Part II

When I got up this morning, I was delighted to see this poppy in flower just outside my window. I never seem to have much luck sowing poppy seeds direct in the ground. They either get lost among other plants, or someone comes along and dumps a load of mulch on top of them. So this year, I sowed some seeds in plugs. A few of them germinated and I planted them out a few weeks ago.


I love the fluffy appearance of this bloom - appropriately it's called 'Lilac Pompom'. Isn't it gorgeous?


There are more flowers to come, and I will be saving some seeds. My neighbour kindly gave me some seed heads from her poppies after my last poppy post.
 

So I hope my garden will be full of these and other lovely poppies next year!

2 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails