Tuesday, 18 June 2013

Learner on wheels

Learning to cycle at my age hasn't exactly been easy, but I have been making a bit of an effort of late, since the weather warmed up, with a couple of trips doing some circuits of Dorney Lake, which is lovely and flat, smooth and largely traffic free.

Today we found a similar safe and easy site for me to practice - The Phoenix Trail between Thame and Princes Risborough, which follows a disused railway track between the two towns.


The trail has some unusual sculptures along the way.
 

It's nice and flat and straight....
 

... although most people have to overtake me!
 

There are plenty of seats to stop for a break.
 

The visit to the pub seemed like a good idea at the time...
 

... but didn't do much for my coordination as I had a couple of little tumbles afterwards! 
(No damage done, I think I was just tired!)


3 comments:

  1. They say that you are not a proper cyclist until you have fallen off !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you cycling is fun at any age... But now I only like it flat !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't ride a bike and it is something I want to be able to do one day. You look like a natural at it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails