Thursday, 2 May 2013

More stashbusting puppets

This latest batch of puppets brought me to my end-of-April target of 40 puppets.

There is a common thread amongst them of purple wool, a ball of 4 ply from my stash which I combined with a ball of sock yarn, and various other odd scraps of 4 ply.


It means that these puppets are slightly smaller than my normal ones, as I usually try to use double knit.


But it doesn't matter - we cater for different age groups in our shoeboxes.


The youngest age group is 2-4 years, and these smaller puppets will fit those little hands nicely.


This one was inspired by the colours of spring flowers in my garden.


The other age groups are 5-9 years and 10-14 years.


The colours in this one remind me of the 'Games Maker' puppets that I made last year.


I finished off the purple ball, the red ball and the brown/varigated sock yarn ball, and also a ball of white 4-ply on the faces.


Weight wise, this is only 100 grams worth of wool, but 4-ply goes a long way, doesn't it? I recently acquired quite a large amount of 4-ply wool, but more about that another time.

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing what you can do with 100g of wool. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails