Tuesday, 12 February 2013

2013 Puppet News

Once again I plan to make 100 puppets for Operation Christmas Child this year. This will be the fifth year of doing this. Sometimes I start out slowly, other times I dive in and make rapid progress. This year I started quite early, but had a break to work on my recycled cardigan. I did, however, start knitting puppets around Christmas time and this was the first one.


I've decided not to follow any particular theme or pattern this year, but just to make puppets randomly, however the mood takes me. It is also perhaps an exercise in 'stash-busting', which is something that quite a few bloggers seem to be into at the moment. (See over on Linda's Crafty Corner.) Personally I don't have a problem with having a large stash of wool - all the better for combining colours when creating my individual puppets. But there are a few odd balls that have been knocking around in my wool drawers (now overflowing under the bed in the guest room) for some time that I will attempt to use up this year. The turquoise flecky wool is an example.


This second puppet is obviously showing a christmassy influence as that was when he was made.
Santa's Little Helper.


And another.


And another.


Then another attempt to use up the turquoise wool.


After an interlude when I worked on my recycled cardigan, it was back to some puppets, and here's another pair of stashbusters.


In order to keep track of how many I made, I'm labelling each photo with the number. 

So at the moment, that's 7 of 100 for 2013.

It's a start.

4 comments:

  1. They are so cute! I like that turquoise yarn. Nice beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love these! :-)

    Am pleased to find someone supporting the shoebox appeal - I usually knit hats and gloves to go in my boxes; I never really thought about something fun like this!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, earlier - lovely to meet you! (following now - and you're on my blog roll so I can see what you're up to! ;-p)

    SueH The Knitting Assassin!
    Twitter – @Librarymaid

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are great and I love the idea of random choices. Hope my little faceless one has a number soon ! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful start-/ these are the cutest little things I've ever seen!!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails