Wednesday, 30 January 2013

Run!

It's been a bright and blustery day, so I decided to take a walk in the grounds of Cliveden.


Although the house and gardens are closed for the winter, the woodlands are still open.


On arrival at the gate, the attendant told me he'd been asked to warn people of the severe winds that were affecting the area, and to be careful.


As an afterthought, he added, rather worryingly, "If you hear a crack, run!" Yes, good advice, but which way??


I took my life in my own hands and walked on, carefully. Listening for the crack.


 It was worth risking my life to see some very welcome winter sunshine.


I thoroughly enjoyed my sunny and blustery walk, and as you see I lived to tell the tale!

2 comments:

  1. A bit worrying to hear 'if you hear a crack run'!!! The woodlands look like a lovely place to spend some quiet time and connect with nature. I am glad that you came away unscathed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pics of green and gardens look wonderful! (we have more snow in the forecast...sigh...and it's still too cold)So glad you survived the trip!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails