Sunday, 30 December 2012

The Christmas Angels

There are many tasks involved in preparing for Christmas.  Some of them give pleasure in the timeless way they come about - constant from year to year, like the fun of decorating the tree...


... getting out all the other little decorations...


... and, of course, the food preparation.


Making the cranberry sauce is one of my favourite cooking tasks at Christmas - I love listening to all the cranberries popping!

A new task was added this year - digging up the parsnips from the garden for Christmas dinner. This was the first time we've grown them, and they were sweet and tasty - and quite a success!


Some tasks can be done the same way each year, but occasionally new ideas pop into my head.

So this year, I found some wired ribbon...


... made some little angels...


.. and  used them ...


to decorate the Christmas Cake.


I hope you have all had a Happy Christmas. 

Now as the Christmas season draws to a close and the New Year approaches, it is time to reflect and plan for the year ahead. 

One of my resolutions is to spend more time on this blog and catch up on the many posts that are in the pipeline from last year!

What are your New Year Resolutions?

2 comments:

  1. What beautiful angels Janet and your cooking looks delicious. Thank you so much for all your support of CHalky's World and. I send lots of love to you for 2013. A little parcel dropped on to my mat yesterday so a big Thank you for such a kind thought. Love linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet, wishing you and yours a Wonderful New Year!
    No resolutions for me, really. I just try to be a better person than the year before, to give thanks for all the blessings in my life, and to open my heart more to others. It's a work in progress.....
    All the Best,
    Suz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails