I think I spent a lot of time making 'special' puppets, which took me longer to work out how to do. So I decided to make a few simple teddy puppets. First, a set of larger, fluffy mohair-type ones.
Next, my favourite - rainbow coloured ones, in pastel shades. Even still, the sewing in of the ends on these takes time, (even though I knit in as many ends as I can these days.)
Next came another set of mohair fluffy one, with a green theme this time. (The picture does not accurately represent the lovely green used here.)
These last three sets of puppets took me probably 6 or 8 weeks to make.
Then something happened. I don't know what, but for the past 2 weeks, I have been making one puppet every day.
First came this set of four bright clowns with a red theme going through...
... and then another set, this time with orange - so cheerful with their soft touch multicoloured bodies.
Clowns still take a little longer to make than teddies, so I quickly made a set of four little blue teddies.
Maybe the increase in production is due to making them in very simple designs with large blocks of colour. No fiddling about changing colours, so I've no excuse not to just keep going!
After these 6 sets, my total was 68 puppets, and I am half way through the next set, so I am now at almost 70 puppets. I feel I am catching up now.
At this rate, I should be able to complete my 100 puppets before my 1st November deadline. I'm off to complete today's puppet!