Wednesday, 1 February 2012

Puppets for 2012

It's been quite a while since there's been any mention of puppets on this blog, so I thought I should rectify that.

I've decided to knit my 2012 puppets in batches of four. I like to group my puppets together in some way, and twenty-five sets of four sounds fairly achievable.

The first set has been completed and is made out of the wool that I've been recycling from my mother's cardigan, which I mentioned a few weeks ago here.


I have a rule that none of my puppets can be identicle, so these little fellows are distinguished by their different hair colour.

I thought that I might as well re-use the stitch pattern from the old cardigan as well.


Spot the camouflaged puppet!


So that's 4 down, 96 to go.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Janet,
    Nice to pop over and say hello!
    You have started your gorgeous puppets and its a pleasure to see them again. What a great way of making them up. They are different and I'm sure these will be very well received.
    I'm hoping that I am back in charge of Mrs Twins blog now after my little break. Time just ran away with me somewhat.
    I love the photos of the English Countryside too. I felt as though I was with you!
    Love and best wishes Suex

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased to see that you are carrying on with your personal tradition - I like the fact that having recycled the yarn, you have also recycled the pattern. I look forward to watching your progress. Number 1-4 are charming - quite charming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are very happy chappies! A good start to the new year...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the puppets, they ALWAYS look so friendly! Janet, a while ago you mentioned looking for patterns for small items for shoeboxes ....... I found a lovely little worm which I'm going to try though I just need to work out how to do the head without stuffing http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/romi-yo

    I have started pinning a list of ideas, some of which you might find of interest http://pinterest.com/casalguidi/ideas-for-operation-christmas-child-shoeboxes/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails