Wednesday, 11 January 2012

Coming to life

The spring flowers have been brought on early by the mild winter we've been experiencing here in the south of England. The first snowdrops are poking their heads above the ground in the garden.


It's always gives me a pleasing lift to see the first flowers of spring emerge.

Yesterday when I was out driving, I spotted a grassy bank with daffodils in flower. This surprised me, this early in the year. I was even more surprised and delighted to spot crocuses in the front garden this morning!


It's lovely to know that spring is just around the corner, isn't it?

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I wish! We're not yet half-way through winter. Aaackk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was 3 degrees down here in Plymouth this morning, so I would imagine it as pretty cold further up. Nice to see this, I don't really get a chance to see much greenery in the middle of a city!
    P.S. I like the new look blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A welcome splash of colour. I hope that they survive this cold snap that is expected this weekend! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails