Sunday, 23 October 2011

Love in a box

Recently I received a box in the post.


Not a terribly large box, really.
So it was quite a surprise, when I open it, to find it stuffed full of so much woolly goodness.


A big pile of lovely gifts for Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes. All lovingly made and sent to me by Helen from Shropshire.


Twelve little purses....


... ten colourful hand puppets....


... 23 wriggly crochet snakes....


... and some beaded bracelets and crochet hair clips.

Thank you so much Helen, for making and for sending all these lovely shoebox gifts. Your gift will be passed on with love to many needy childen.

I know I've been rather quiet on the blogging front of late. With the Operation Christmas Child shoebox campaign now getting into full swing, I am currently rather busy on the organising front. This year I took over the responsibility for coordinating the shoebox collections in my local area. I have been busy doing that work so that the many schools, churches, businesses and other local community groups will get their piles of shoeboxes collected by our local volunteers. I am also helping a small team of people who run the local processing centre, where we check and pack all the shoeboxes that have been collected or dropped off at collection points around the area. 

To give you some idea of what is involved, last year we checked and packed over 6,800 shoeboxes That work currently takes priority over blogging, and will continue to do so for a number of weeks now.  I will try to post from time to time, but perhaps less frequently than normal. The most important thing is to make sure that all the shoeboxes that have been filled with love and care by so many people, get to their destinations, where they will fill a child's heart with joy and love.

6 comments:

  1. I'll miss your posts, but, yes, shoeboxes come first! Thank you for doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too will miss your posts. Like you I am getting involved with preparing Shoeboxes for dispatch. It really is a rewarding time of year. Thank you for your wonderful bogs which have been inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much love and kindness has gone into making that package up as well as lots of dedicated work. I hope your shoebox campaign goes from strength to strength but that you get enough time for you too! Thank you for your comment on my blog. I have corrected the 'bridal' path!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful parcel to receive and such a lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic donation, I love those snakes lol. Well done for all the amazing hard work you do, those boxes are going to bring so much pleasure to so many children. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How very kind! These gifts are ideal. I too have been busy Janet, I apologise for not getting to you!
    I know what its' like. So happy our Blankets are going to Dorset CC. to help people out in the sticks during the cold wseather. Who can't even afford heating!
    Love Suex

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails