This week I've been happily making some rainbow teddies. There's something very satisfying about knitting in rainbow colours - I just love it - (apart from a more elaborate sewing up operation). I like to sew each stripe separately with the correct colour of wool, and of course, this takes a little longer. I usually knit in the other end of the stripe as I go, to make less sewing in at the end.
When choosing the colours for the rainbow stripes, I try to end up with a light colour for the head, as I find it looks better to embroider dark features onto a light background. Somehow light features on a dark background always seem to look a bit macabre or sinister!
I've managed six rainbow teddies, bringing my total now to 80 puppets, so I'm quite pleased with progress this week. When I first started these updates, at the end of June, I'd only made 40, so I think this has helped me keep up the momentum. At this rate, I may even finish my 100 before the end of September - watch this space!