Saturday, 6 August 2011

Congratulations and celebrations

This week saw two family celebrations, both on the same day, August 2nd. 

The first was my sister's 60th birthday.


Usually when I do a cross-stitch project, I like to have the design well planned and on paper. With this one, I had some basic ideas, some of which came from the internet, and I just built it up as I went, so I was pleased that it turned out as well as it did.

You'll have guessed from this card that my sister is very musical. She has sung in church choirs for as long as I can remember, and also plays the organ for a number of local churches. So it was fitting that she combined her birthday with a party for her choir, and they all seemed to like the card.

And just in case you're wondering, ...


... yes, it does read 'Happy Birthday'. 

Well, it had to, really!

The second celebration was the Silver Wedding Anniversary of Mr Puppetlady's brother and his wife. Having two celebrations to make cards for, I rather ran out of time, and I have to admit that this one was not my own design, but was customised to fit the occasion.


I do enjoy making special cards for special events, and it is a while since I did any cross-stitch, so it made a change for me to make these two cards.

So congratulations to Angela, and to Blair and Sue. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to make these cards!

3 comments:

  1. Very nice cards--I especially like the Birthday card for your sister. Is that because I sing in a choir, too? Great design, and I like that you stitched the happy birthday song! I've been doing a bit of cross-stitch myself, too. Must be in the air.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your card - it was much appreciated.
    love Blair & Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the card that you made for your sister -its originality and the fact that you did not use a pattern. It is quite some time since I did some cross stitching but I am pleased to say that my younger daughter has just decided to make a commemorative piece for a friend who is expecting her first child.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails