Wednesday, 22 June 2011

A sizeable problem

Our lounge has been undergoing refurbishment for some weeks now, and thankfully, is nearing completion. This week I took delivery of some lovely new curtains. Each curtain measures approx 2m x 4m. (That's about 6' x 13' for our non-metric friends.) There were 4 curtains - 2 for the front and 2 for the back. And they needed a bit of ironing to make them look smart and remove the creases. (My mother was a professional dress-maker, and she always used to say how important it was to press seams flat to achieve a neat and tailored look.) But how to press such a large volume of fabric?

Out came my trusty ironing board....


...but that was going to be as much use as a chocolate teapot. How could I manage 4 metre wide curtains on this?

But I had the solution - at my feet!


Fortunately most of our furniture has been moved out of the room prior to decorating, so I had plenty of space to spread out.



You see, with some jobs, you just have to get down on your hands and knees!


Problem solved!


1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! What work for you! At least you are nearly there now. I bet you'll be glad when it's all finished. I don't like ironing at the best of times but what a job here.
    Very nice anyway
    Have a good weekend Janet if I don't chat again before then.
    Hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails