Saturday, 7 May 2011

A visit to Chenies Manor

We recently spent a very pleasant afternoon visiting Chenies Manor near the Chess Valley in Buckinghamshire.

The gardens were in splendid spring colour and pretty as a picture.



The wisteria-adorned tearoom served up a welcome afternoon treat.


The house displays some striking and unusual brickwork.



The tulip festival was in full swing.


Another reason for visiting the manor was to see an exhibition of artwork, held during April in aid of Mencap. A friend of mine, with whom I try to go out walking regularly and who I have known since we were 'best friends' at school, was participating in the exhibition. She was always very clever at art and drawing, and I can remember her giving 'drawing lessons' to some of us at school! 

It was lovely to see some of her original artwork on display - she now makes beautiful intricate and labour-intensive prints from linocuts, as these examples show.


She doesn't have a website to sell her work as yet, but if you would like to see more of her work, you can leave me a comment with your email address and I will put you in touch with her .

1 comment:

  1. I want my garden to look just like that!
    Lovely prints, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails