Wednesday, 4 May 2011

At last - a ta-dah moment!

For the last week or two I've been distracted from this blog due to Mr Puppet Lady, who took advantage of the recent plethora of public holidays and had quite a long break from work. We spent the lovely sunny days working in the garden and having a few trips out, as well as doing some preparatory work in the lounge, which is being renovated.

I find it difficult sometimes, when I've been away from blogging, to know how to get back into it. There are so many pictures in the camera that it's hard to know where to start. So what better way is there than to have a long-overdue 'Ta-dah' for my recycled cardigan?

It has been a while in the making, and indeed it has been finished for a few weeks now, but the weather has been just too hot to wear it! Then last Saturday, although it was still a lovely sunny day (and we have been getting so many of those, haven't we, I'm really looking forward to a bit of rain now), there was a slight chill to the breeze and I decided it was time to have a test run. These pictures were taken not in my garden, but at Poulsden Lacy.


I'm pleased with the way the strips match across the front and sleeves...



...and after twice ripping them up, I'm finally happy with the sleeves.


It feels very comfortable and well-fitting due to the ribbed pattern.


The loopy collar and cuff took a long time to work but add a nice finishing touch, I think.


A nice new pair of earrings to compliment the colours.


Yes, I'm happy with it now!

6 comments:

  1. I am so pleased it turned out so well -- It really does look lovely. A great " Ta Da " moment indeed!
    Kindest Regards Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Your cardigan is fab, just my sort of colours and can I just say you a natural born model!
    I really enjoyed your previous two posts about Cliveden featuring my most favourite flowers too. I have never been there but would like to.
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Bluebell. I love the colours too. And as for my modelling capability, you didn't see the pictures I weeded out!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! I love it. The colours are gorgeous Janet and really suit you. The Gardens look nice. Isn't it lovely to be able to get outside and enjoy this dry weather. Bit chilly at times I think.
    Its so difficult to do what we like when our other halves are on holiday. I find I am completely out of my routine!
    Have a lovely evening,
    Hugs Suex

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look fabulous, Janet! Lovely sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty cardigan, you did a great job matching the stripes...hard to do! I know exactly what you mean about figuring out how to get back to blogging once you let it slip. I never know if I should apologize or just get down to it and write!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails