Monday, 18 April 2011

Tulip Treats

These tulips were free bulbs given away with the pear tree that we bought late last year. I was late planting them - I think it was well into the new year, so I am happy that they've come up so well. Whenever I see them, I have to look twice as they look almost like wooden imitation tulips, they stand so straight and upright.




I love the way tulips open and close with the sunshine. These are pink on the outside, and when they start to open, a yellow middle is revealed.


When the sun is shining, the really open up to show their yellow centres.

There's nothing like a free gift, is there?

2 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed your free gift, too! Wow, you are several weeks ahead weather wise than my cold Ontario corner: my daffs' tips are just poking through the ground!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything's so late this year but it seems to be making up for it this week . Local gardens are finally popping with colour . Lovely !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails