Sunday, 27 March 2011

Sunday Scrapbook - Dorney Lake

Dorney Lake is the rowing lake where the 2012 Olympic Rowing events will take place. It is also one of my favourite places to walk, and is conveniently close by. 

Over the last few months I have been there on a number of occasions and usually see this family of swans.


This was my first sighting, in early August last year.


I watched them grow and this was taken in late September 2010.


This picture is from January 2011.

The cygnets were still on the lake earlier this week, almost fully grown but still showing some of their brown plumage. I'm sorry I didn't get a picture of them this time. I'll just have to go back!

I always enjoy a walk around the 2 km long lake, come rain....


...or shine.


The vast skies and open-ness are the attraction for me at the Lake. There is always something to see, and the arboretum is well planted with a large variety of trees, which, of course, change with the seasons.

Tonight's Countryfile on BBC1 (for UK readers) has a feature on the lake. I'll be watching.

Dawn has also been enjoying looking to the skies in her Sunday Scrapbook..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails