Tuesday, 1 March 2011

Crochet bag for OCC

For some odd reason, I have volunteered to lead the next session at out OCC 'Craft'aNoon', as we have now started to call them. And the theme of the afternoon? - learning to crochet! Yes, well, it will be a case of the blind leading the blind, and I'm just hoping that there will be some ladies among us who have a bit more experience than I do! The reason I suggested this theme, however, was that having recently re-taught myself how to crochet, I was sharing my experience with the others, and many people said something like "Oh yes, I used to crochet....." in response. So I decided we should all re-learn together, and try to make some interesting things to go into our shoeboxes at the same time.

So here is an example of a little gift bag I have made, with the help of some other talented bloggers.


The little bag is made from two identical hexagon squares, the pattern for which can be found on the one and only Attic24 by Lucy, here. I then joined the two hexagons on 4 sides using a double crochet stitch. I then made a chain of about 50 sts for the handle, joined to the opposite side with a slip stitch, and then worked back along the chain in double crochet. (I'm using UK crochet terms. This is something I have found a little fustrating when surfing the web to find crochet ideas - why are UK and US terms different? It can be quite confusing!)

I made two little matching flowers into hairslides to pop inside the bag, and it will make a nice little gift for a small girl. The flower pattern is from the lovely Chalky's World, by Linda.

If you have any ideas for easy craft items for shoeboxes, be they knitted, crocheted or any other crafts, then please let me know. I am always on the lookout for new ideas!

3 comments:

  1. this is a very cute and useful item for your gift boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the lovely mention in your post. I am so glad you are enjoying crochet and the little bags are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOH how gorgeous and idea for gifts!
    Really pretty!
    Hugs Suex

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails