Monday, 21 February 2011

Tribute


 My sister requested the following verse to be printed in her husband's funeral service sheet:

" If I should go before the rest of you
Break not a flower nor inscribe a stone
Nor when I'm gone speak in a Sunday voice
But be the usual selves that I have known.
Weep if you must,
Parting is hell,
But life goes on,
So sing as well. "
                                                                       Joyce Grenfell (1910-1979)


 And sing we did, at an inspirational and uplifting service with music chosen by my brother-in-law himself.

We shall all miss him greatly.

Here is my own personal musical tribute.


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful piece of music...a wonderful choice for a tribute. Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful piece of music and very nice words. Rutter is such a pleasure to listen to.
    Thank you for the gorgeous Squares Janet received today!
    Hugs Suex

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails