Sunday, 13 February 2011

Sunday Scrapbook

One week in the life of a sweet pea.

These little plants grew from seed that I collected from last year's sweet peas. 


I sowed them into environmentally friendly recycled root trainers (i.e. old toilet rolls).


 The pictures above show how they looked a week ago........


...and this is how they look now!

Out of 24 seeds sown, 23 came up, but one rather late straggler has died off. The rest are romping away, and becoming rather leggy. Maybe I should pinch them out soon? This is the first time I've grown them from my own seeds, so I'm quite pleased that they came up at all. Any advice on how to nurture them would be most welcome!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Janet, thanks for joining in this week. Dawn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janet. Your sweet peas look as though they're reaching for more light. Do you have them under grow lights, or in a south window? You've had good results so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think you need any advice as you have done a great job so far! I suppose you could pinch the middles out now so that they begin to bush out rather than get any taller at this stage.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails