Friday, 25 February 2011

Cliveden Snowdrop Walk

In order to make the most of yesterday's beautiful weather, I decided a walk at Cliveden was just the ticket. They have been advertising their snowdrop walk this week, to mark their opening after the winter closure, and to draw the crowds during half-term holidays. My last visit to Cliveden was over 4 weeks ago, when the snowdrops were only just emerging. Yesterday the place was teeming with people and although I was a little disappointed with the number of snowdrops, it was a great place for a walk in the spring sunshine.


Good to see this bee finding nectar in the helibores
  








Come to think of it, I've got quite a lot of snowdrops in my own garden as well.

2 comments:

  1. So nice to see evidence of spring returning, even if it's not here, yet. Something to look forward to now that the daylight is lasting a little longer, and temperatures are creeping up to above freezing. Thanks for the peek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good year for Snowdrops in our garden !
    I do think its about time Spring paid us a visit ; the winter has been terribly long!
    ;--)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails