Thursday, 20 January 2011

Revival

Yesterday afternoon the sun was shining brightly through the window. It is nice to see the light slowly stretching now, and when the sun shines, you can almost feel that Spring is on its way.



I decided it was an ideal opportunity to abandon my hoovering, and revive an old WIP. Well, it wasn't a difficult decision.

This is the WIP - Max's Moon - a cross-stitch piece that I started at least 6 years ago...


I would call this quite a challenging piece, for three reasons: 
1) It is stitched on black aida, and working on black fabric requires good light and eyesight. 
2) The mix of colours to produce the tabby cat stripes are all very close, and it is difficult to distinguish one from the other, so it requires careful following of the pattern. 
3) The pattern itself is hand-drawn, which makes it harder to follow than computer generated ones, which are more common these days.
 
 
I managed only a couple of needles full of thread before the sun went down and the light began to fade.. - oh well, back to the hoovering!


However, now that I've made a start on this piece again, I have resolved to make use of the sunny afternoons and get it finished, especially as there is not very much left to do. (Below is a picture of the finished piece.) I only have the moon and the fluffy outline to do.


When I finish this, I have another cross-stitch kit lined up to start. In many ways it is similar to this picture in that it has a cat as its subject, and that it is also stitched on black fabric. Who's a glutton for punishment then?

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I like Max's Moon and it's coming along beautifully. How nice to stitch on a sunny afternoon. Can you send some sunshine over here? Please? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still frozen solid here. I tried counted cross stitch once. Only once. It ended up on the fire!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cross stitch too! A lady of many talents!
    A beautiful picture, and I'm sure it will be lovely when its finished!
    Hope you will show us.
    Hugs Suex

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails