Tuesday, 11 January 2011

Blue Skies - and a splash of winter colour

On Sunday the sun was brightly shining so we set off for a walk at Dorney Lake.


It was a case of "Blue skies smilin' at me, nothin' but blue skies do I see".


The family of swans that I saw first back in August last year were there, and the cygnets are nearly fully grown. 


I could only see six of the seven that I saw originally, so I hope the other one was away foraging on its own somewhere.


But what I really came to see was the wonderful collection of dogwoods, different varieties planted en masse showing a roit of winter colour in the bright sunshine. They are a treat to see at this time of year and I always look forward to seeing them.


 Guaranteed to lift the winter blues away!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos..love the rich reds
    Thank you !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful blue skies. Not had them here in Wiltshire yet this year, just grey or white : (
    Glad I came to view yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails