Sunday, 19 December 2010

Sunday Scrapbook

Homemade Decorations are Best!


A norwegian bell-pull cross-stitch decoration, made many years ago when I lived in Norway.







Talking of Norway, I bought my tree lights there, nearly 30 years ago, and still they go on, never having had a bulb failure! My tree is not a norwegian spruce. It is a synthetic one, at which some people may turn up their noses. However, I like it, it does the job, is slim and neat, very little mess (it sheds the odd bit now and again) and has lasted me 10 years so far, so is good value for money.


I also bought my little skiing Santas ( Julenisse in norwegian) 30 years ago in Norway. Aren't they sweet?

Still on a nowegian theme, I'm currently reading "The Christmas Mystery" by Jostein Gaarder, a delightful childrens story for all ages about a magical advent calendar. I can thoroughly recommend it as an enchanting seasonal read.

3 comments:

  1. Those lights are great. My Grandma used to have real little candles on hers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post -- Love the decorations and lights. I am sure they give you such pleasure every year

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails