Sunday, 5 December 2010

'Me' knitting


Some years ago I knitted this poncho. Its made in Noro Kureyon yarn, 100% wool hand-dyed in my favourite colours. Really lovely wool. The pictures do not quite do the colours justice - they really are vivid and deep.


I think I've worn it once, or maybe twice, in seven years. I've been meaning to do something about it for a while. I was tempted at one point to turn it into a shawl, inspired by Cathleen's beautiful blog My Sewing Serenity.

Then last weekend I found this book, and discovered, contrary to what I had believed, that I had enough yarn to make a cardigan or sweater, which I know it will get much better use from! There are a number of suitable patterns in this book. (I also discovered, quite by chance, a huge list of errata on the internet for this book! I just hope the yarn quantities are correct!)


So last Sunday evening, the poncho became this (with the help of an extra pair of hands from Mr Puppet Lady.) I had intened to wind it into skeins and wash it, but it doesn't seem too badly crinkled so I don't think I'll bother.


And now, for a change, I've started on some 'me' knitting! I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

  1. Very brave! Hope you have plenty for your new garment. I have something lurking upstairs that needs the same treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those jewel tones! They'll make a beautiful sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colour, look forward to seeing your new cardigan or sweater.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails