Friday, 10 December 2010

Better

I am feeling very much better today. Where does it all go - that anxiety and dreadfullness? I don't know and I don't care, as long as it stays away. Thanks to those who have offered advice and sympathy, especially the very kind Linda from Chalky's World, and the wonderfully creative Suz from Suztats. Suz suffers from a similar condition to mine, and has been a great help to me with her advice and information. I'm very grateful to them both.

This time last week we rounded off our Operation Christmas Child campaign with a lunch to say thank you to all the helpers involved in our local area. There were nearly 50 people at the lunch. The total number of boxes that were collected locally this year was 6801 - 3037 for boys and 3764 for girls. A fantastic effort by all involved.



Dave Vann, from the Samaritan's Purse charity, which runs Operation Christmas Child, says thank you to the volunteers. Yes, there are still a few shoeboxes there on the platform, but we packed those away after a very tasty lunch. Our shoeboxes have gone to Ukraine, Bosnia, Serbia and Romania.

I suppose I really have missed 'doing shoeboxes' this week, which is why I've become rather inward looking and down. (OK, the cold weather hasn't helped!) But you see, the shoebox appeal doesn't just help the children who receive them, it helps everyone involved in making them up. So I'll just have to get busy planning for next year's campaign and put my other problems aside.

Enjoy you weekend, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for thr kind comment and link to my blog.
    I am so glad you are feeling a little stronger---- as the song goes " the only way is up" may you feel stronger every day.
    I think your totals for Operation Christmas Child are just amazing.You must be so proud.
    I am so happy to think of all that generosity spreading out to those who have so little -- the true meaning of Christmas.
    Lots of love Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So many wonderful boxes to spread cheer! That is fantastic! I expect it's quite normal to feel a little let down when all the planning and bustling is finished, and a job well done. It's bound to leave a hole in your activity level. So glad you are feeling better! Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are feeling better. Jane, I really appreciate how you always come and visit me and leave such very kind comments. You are a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails