Friday, 10 September 2010

Using the patio - and a knitted purse

It has been lovely to now be able to use our patio, after waiting so long over the summer to see it finished. It's a pity the evenings are getting shorter and cooler now, but we have had a few bar-b-ques over the last few weeks. Our chiminea keeps us warm when the sun goes down.


Its great to sit out and have coffee or tea, and do a bit of puppet knitting.


This little knitted purse was given to me a while ago as an idea for a shoebox gift.


I don't know who made it but I decided to copy it. Here's the result.


And here's the pattern:

Materials:
Oddments of double knitting wool in 3 colours.
Needle size: 3.5 mm (UK 9) and 6mm (UK 4)
Button

Using 3.5 mm needles and 1st colour, cast on 16 sts.
Knit 2 rows in garter stitch. (Every row knit)
Next row: ( Make button hole) K7, cast off 2 sts, knit to end.
Next row: K7, cast on 2 sts, knit to end.
Work 6 more rows in garter st. Break off wool.

Change to 6 mm needles and join in other two colors together, knitting with double thickness.
Knit 28 rows in garter st. Break off wool.

Change back to 3.5 mm needles and join in 1st colour again. Knit 10 rows in garter stitch. Cast off.

Fold work in half and stitch up side seams. Sew on a button opposite button hole.


Have a nice weekend.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments:

  1. I love to think of you and all the good you are doing. Mother in law is having a very special birthday party next month --- 80!!! And to help celebrate her sister in law is visiting us here in Devon. She ,like you,supports Operation Christmas Child BIG time but is not in the least bit crafty so I am still busy making things for her to take back to her little group of box fillers. That purse is next on my list so thank yoy so much for the tutorial. Kindest Regards Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the patterns, specially the purse. I've been involved with the charity for several years first filling boxes with my children and now also at the warehouse as a volunteer. This year I've knitted 23 sets of hats and scarves, so now I'm ready to branch out into other knitted fillers. Your easy patterns are just right for me! I know that puppets and purses are very welcome fillers to add to the boxes and shall now have a go. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails