Friday, 24 September 2010

Turning of the seasons

It's getting chilli here.


These home-grown jalepenos are threaded up ready for drying.

The weather is definitely autumnal today and my finger is hovering over the central heating button. My brother-in-law (aka Bill Oddly) is an energy consultant and has been sharing tips for keeping warm on his blog.  His recommendation is lighting a candle to keep you warm, and also putting on some extra woolly layers. I'd agree with the latter, but as to the former, I'm sure a blast from a wood-burning stove would be more effective than a candle.

In the garden, summer is still clinging on by a whisker...


Having seen Chalky's post yesterday, and being amazed that she still had sweet peas bloomimg, I took a look at mine, and was delighted to find that I still had a few as well. I rushed them indoors before the rain battered them.


Is it a coincidence that both Chalky's and my bunches were predominantly blues and purples, or do those colours flower for longer?


Have a great weekend, wherever you are, whatever the weather!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 comment:

  1. Thought of you today as we had a big family lunch at the Rugglestone Inn.
    So glad some sweet peas were hiding their pretty heads x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails