Monday, 27 September 2010

The Final Push

I'm on the final run to completing my target of 100 puppets for this year (2010). Last year, 2009, I completed all 100 puppets on October 3rd.

Last year's (2009) puppets


So what about this year? Well, it's now September 27th and I have finished 94. And a half. So that leaves me 7 days to complete five and a half puppets. This should be reasonably manageable.

But the fact is, I'm a bit of a time-waster. I spend too much time blogging, reading other people's blogs and playing computer games. If I managed to keep these things in check a bit better, I could have knitted 200 puppets, like an 85 year-old lady who I met this morning at an Alzheimer's Carers Support group, who puts me to shame. I had been invited to attend a session there and share some craft and knitting ideas with them as they were interested in filling shoeboxes.

So there we have it. This week I will knuckle down and finish my paltry 100 puppets and really make an effort to devote more time in future to useful activities, rather than fritter it away on the computer. I will still maintain my blog, and read other peoples, but I resolve to cut down on the computer games, which are a bit of an addiction!

Well, I'm off to finish number 95 now, but please leave me some encouragement in this worthy endeavour!

2 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails