Thursday, 26 August 2010

What are you knitting?

Mr. Puppet Lady quite likes a little joke. Most evenings when I'm settled on the sofa with my needles and yarn, he asks "What are you knitting?" He doesn't need to ask, because he knows that nine times out of ten, I'll be knitting a puppet, or perhaps a snake. But he asks anyway, to show that he's taking an interest in what I'm doing, and because it's his idea of a little joke. Quite an endearing little habit, I suppose.

But this last week or so has proved to be a small suprise when I've answered that I'm not knitting a puppet, or a snake but something different for a change. Nothing very clever or exciting, but some of these...


...just plain knitted squares. This is in preparation for our forthcoming Operation Christmas Child craft session, where I have volunteered to lead the group in making some of these....


... simple little bags or little hand muffs made out of a knitted square. A gift in a shoebox for a little girl. I had this idea some months ago, and you can read about it here.

Inside the little bags we shall also put one of these. A little knitted flower hairslide. Funnily enough, this was the subject of my first ever blog post, back in January.


I have also sorted through my wool stash and selected the yarn for my next set of 10 puppets, which I will start soon.

What are you knitting?

2 comments:

  1. Very very pretty. I love the idea you've come up with using these squares and the little hair slides too are just wonderful.
    Well done to you,
    Hugs Suex

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bags and the hair slides are a really lovely idea for the shoebox appeal.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails