Tuesday, 31 August 2010

Late summer sunshine at Dorney Lake

It has been a glorious late summers day here, and I took the opportunity for a walk at Dorney Lake. The last time I was there, it was grey and brown and dull and cool......


...today it was blue and green and bright and sparkly and warm. 


The sun sparkled on the water.
Windsor Castle in the distance.
So calm you could see the clouds reflected.
The lake is for sharing - swans and rowers.
Rowers out training today.
It was so warm I had to rest in the shade.
On the walk back I took a closer look at the arboretum but I will save those pictures for another day.


~~~~~~~~~~~

5 comments:

  1. Looks lovely. We've had some sun at last as well, but it's very cold at night here now. 4 degrees the last couple of nights! Not long 'til the frosts come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great seeing the lovely photos. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely views Janet. Of course the weather makes it!
    Thanks for the comments on Mrs Twins. Sometimes I receive very small squares (should be 6") sometimes I receive 8". I usually put a couple of rows around the outside to make them the same size. Sometimes they need more. It is a bit fiddly at times, but we get there.
    Thanks for your kind comments, have a good weekend.
    Hugs Suex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos - everywhere looks better when the sun shines doesn't it? I really like your knitted mohair teddy puppets, so soft and cute, children must love them.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Janet,
    what a wonderful place to be, to walk .
    I could almost feel the warmth of the sun and the peace of being there.Thank you for sharing!
    I am from Brazil and it´s winter down here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails