Thursday, 5 August 2010

Crafting for Operation Christmas Child

Apologies for rather a long absence from my blog. To tell the truth I was not in the best of humour last week, due mainly with the continued shenanigans with the patio. Things are now resolved, we've sacked the contractor and will finish the job ourselves. Big sigh of relief!

At least on Monday we had a busy and successful craft afternoon, making beaded necklaces for gifts to go in the shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child. Thanks go to Sue for leading this session and providing lots of lovely materials and ideas. And thanks to all the ladies who come each month and make such a huge contribution to the shoebox effort.


In the meantime I have been trying to maintain my sanity by continuing to knit puppets, and have now completed 76, so over three-quarters of the way to my goal of 100 for the year. I now have my life back, after over six weeks of waiting around for workmen who don't show up and tolerating the piles of dust and mess and frustration. Normal service has now been resumed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4 comments:

  1. Hi Janet, glad to see you back. Working with contractors can be frustrating. That Sue of yours is very creative. A truly wonderful operation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so lovely to think of all the good that is spreading across the miles of the world. Thanks for popping over to visit my blog. I think of you every time I set a puppet going.Good luck with all things necessary to finish that " bloomin!" patio
    Kindest Regards Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whats the matter with workmen? I know we have had same sort of problems, it's so annoying. I often think us women would do a better job than them.
    You have to keep your eye on them every second of the day!
    I should think you've had a pretty
    frustrating time.
    The slabs were new at the bottom of our garden (see my garden photos on Flickr) www.flickr.com/photos/sues_favourite_things The slabs and shed were only put down last year. I went up there yesterday to sweep the leaves up and all the slabs are loose already!
    Well not 'all' a few of them. Makes you wonder why you pay them.
    Thanks for visiting me and your kind comments. You're doing so well with your puppets. Isn't it nice to do something worthwhile? I am so enjoying my project.
    Love Suex

    ReplyDelete
  4. These crafting days look like really good fun. I've never tried beading, though I have a couple of kits. My eyesight probably isn't up to it, need new glasses!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails