Saturday, 5 June 2010

Sitting in the garden

Yesterday I was busy upstairs, when a quick glance out of the window caught this view of my neighbour's garden. Such a tranquil and inviting seat, I thought.


And it occurred to me that, much as I love my garden and enjoy spending time tending it, its all too rare that I actually sit in it and enjoy it. It's not that I don't have anywhere to sit, because I do.


It being a warm and sunny afternoon, I decided to remedy this and grabbed a little job that I could sit out and do whilst enjoying the fresh air and birdsong.

A little alteration that I've been meaning to do for some time.


Cropping off a pair of old Rohan trousers that my hubby has grown out of and that I've grown into! (That's middle age for you!) They're now perfect for warm summer days, a good fit and very cool and comfy!

A blackbird welcomed me with a wonderful late afternoon warble, as if to say, "why don't you do this more often?" I really think I should.

1 comment:

  1. So do I -- it looks just perfect and the perfect backdrop to a bit of sewing
    Kindest Regards Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails