Friday, 12 March 2010

Reasons to be cheerful


One. Some pretty spring flowers to christen the lovely crystal vase that my sister bought the other week for our crystal wedding anniversary (that's 15 years' wedded bliss!) I don't have any kids, so no Mother's Day bouquets for me. However when I saw all the flowers in the supermarket today, I decided that I needed a bit of the action too, so I treated myself.


Two. Some home baked banana muffins. So quick and easy to make, even for a useless baker like me.
2 ripe bananas
125g SR flour
100g sugar (pref caster but you can see I only had granulated)
50g softened butter
1 large egg
1 tsp baking powder
Whizz everything together, divide into 8 muffin cases set in a muffin tray and bake approx 30 mins at 160deg (fan)/180deg/gas 4.



Three. Nine purple puppets completed. Only one to go to complete this set of 10.

Have a lovely weekend, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for that post --- I have just had some sad news about a very dear friend so it is nice to be reminded that there are things to be cheerful about --- So again Thank You
    Kindest Regards Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, I am sorry you have had sad news, but I'm glad my post has helped you. I have actually been feeling a bit low for a couple of days and was trying to cheer myself up! I do feel better now after your kind comments. So thank YOU.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. James is going to be making some banana muffins!!!
    and that is a nice vase, even though I do say so myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janet, what a pretty post....flowers, homemade muffins and sweet little knitted puppets! Wanted to say thank you...you are always so sweet to me and I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails