Tuesday, 2 February 2010

Nearly there

My Orchid is about to do its annual flowering thing. Just a few more days to wait! How I love these round, expectant buds as they slowly swell with the promise of flamboyant floweriness!

I'm no expert on orchids but I've had this one for 2 or 3 years and it just seems to start to flower every year at this time. The beautiful flowers last for 2-3 months and after that the poor old orchid gets banished from the kitchen to the utility room where it gets completely neglected and mistreated - no water or TLC, scorching sun in summer, very cool in winter. Until it shows a sign of a bud again, when into the kitchen it comes.

And then it rewards me with its early springtime blooming. I don't deserve it, do I?

Just a few more days now....

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who forgets to look after pot plants hehehe.
    I bet it'll look realy pretty when it opens up

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails