Wednesday, 27 January 2010

Puppet News

A while ago, a visitor to my website, going under the name of Bob Marley, asked why there were no rasta puppets 'in da mix'. This member of the Fetcham Puppet Appreciation Society (who also happens to be my brother-in-law) went on to badger and pester me over subsequent months until I finally relented and here is the result. His name is Jimmy the Jamaican, and as you can see he is knitted in green and yellow, the Jamaican national colours, and has some nice dreadlocks!

This puppet is the latest in my 2010 puppet knitting effort. In keeping with last year, I will aim to knit 100 puppets this year and they will all find good homes in the Samaritan's Purse 'Operation Christmas Child' Appeal.








This year I have been knitting puppets in batches of 10. Don't ask me why - it just makes the task a little less daunting and easier to keep track of how many puppets I've knitted. Jimmy the Jamaican will join a few other miscellaneous characters that I've made so far, including Santa Claus, Santa's little helper, a penguin and a duck. Suggestions for other little characters to make up my ten in this group are welcome (unless they're from the Fetcham Puppet Appreciation Society).










There's a set of 10 clown puppets in shades of blue, green and yellows, all with the same stripy pattern and the same happy smiley face.

The second set I've started has the theme of green wool - last year I was given some lovely bright green wool and so this next set will all be made using that. Here are the first 3.

2 comments:

  1. respect and love to the puppet lady. Yo!
    xkx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya
    I just popped over to say thankyou for leaving me a lovely comment on my blog I do love reading them all.
    You have a lovely blog here and I just love your puppets they are very cute. I shall be returning to your blog regularly if that's ok.
    Good luck with the giveaway
    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails